Re: install-info

peter karlsson wrote:

> Lintian warns me about that I should add --section to install-info and
> points me to check for a good section in /usr/share/info/dir, but that
> directory doesn't exist on my system...

It's /usr/info/dir
(Yes, I know that's wrong)

>                                         The install-info doesn't
> recomment any valid sections either... Is there any canonical list?

Try to fit it those are already there?  (Sorry, not the answer
you want... I don't know of such a list).

The easy way I've found to do this is to let debhelper install it
for you (dh_installinfo) and to set the description and section
name in the info file itself, e.g.:

INFO-DIR-SECTION Math
START-INFO-DIR-ENTRY
* Gri: (gri).              Extensible plotting program designed for scientists
END-INFO-DIR-ENTRY

or in the source texinfo file, e.g.:

@dircategory Math
@direntry
* Gri: (gri).              Extensible plotting program designed for scientists
@end direntry

Peter