Re: sponsor required for gstar (ITP #88503)

Christian T. Steigies (2001-05-28 12:06:46 -0500) :

> On Mon, May 28, 2001 at 10:26:19AM -0400, Peter S Galbraith wrote:
> >

> > Emacs users can use debian-changelog-mode.el from the dpkg-dev-el
> > package.  The closes: statements will be fontified when the sytax
> Aaaaah! And I always wondered why that file kept dissappearing from my
> boxes. It used to be part of dpkg?

It used to be part of dpkg-dev, actually (hence the dpkg-dev-el name).

> Why don't we add it to build-essentials or some other prominent
> place?

  Because it depends on Emacs?  I'm a big Emacs-lover (and the
dpkg-dev-el maintainer, by the way), but even so, I don't want to
impose Emacs onto anyone.

  I suggested Wichert (dpkg-dev maintainer) to add a Suggests:
dpkg-dev-el in the dpkg-dev package, but even that seemed to be too
much for him.  Bitch him if you like.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas