Re: Does debhelper handle build-indep ?

On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 02:46:48PM -0400, Peter S Galbraith wrote:

> Bill Allombert wrote:
> >                                      The way I set up the Makefile
> > (like in example/rules.multi) when I do a debian/rules
> > binary-indep(or arch), the build target is made and the whole
> > package is compiled, so there is no big won to use binary-indep(or
> > arch)).
>
> Right. Which is why I seconded  http://bugs.debian.org/72335

Very interesting, especially:

!and since Build-Depends
!applies to the build target (Packaging Manual section 8.7), it means that
!very rarely can Build-Depends-Indep used,

I missed it. I had put tex-bin in the Build-Depends-Indep, but it is wrong
since the doc is compiled also when you do binary-arch.

Bill.