Re: Creating a Packages and Sources file.

  Viral> If I have uploaded experimental pacakages to my homepage, how do I
  Viral> make the required Packages and Sources files so that the packages
  Viral> can be used with apt-get ?

Assuming you have apt >> 0.5.0, man apt-ftparchive. ftparchive is pretty
easy to use IMO.

Otherwise, you'll have to use dpkg-scanpackages and dpkg-scansources (from
the dpkg-dev package). Both, of course, have manpages as well ;)

NB: You don't really need your own override file; both will work fine
without one. Even though dpkg-scan* asks for one on the command line, you
can just pass it /dev/null :)

Of course, feel free to ask if you run into trouble or anything

-chris
--
"Meat. They're made out of meat."

"It's better than bad, it's good!"

(I subscribe to all lists that I post to; please do not Cc me on list
reply)
Chris Danis                                 screech@mad.scientist.com
danish@debian.org                                  screechco@home.com
Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org                    dadanish@usa.net