Re: USA crypto rules and libssl-dependent packages

On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 11:29:00PM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Fri, 11 May 2001, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:
> > some simple fileutils magic in debian/rules. BTW can anyone on -mentors explain
> > how I set up a debian/rules file that generates multiple binary packages?
>
> You'll need to generate two source packages. See fetchmail/fetchmail-ssl for
> a dirty hack to do so automatically.

I will look at that, though I haven't yet.

Why is it not sufficient to do something like the following pseudo-code in
debian/rules:

#---
# Makefile is set up by default to include SSL support
<generate the .deb with SSL support>
cp Makefile Makefile.with-ssl
<some sed commands to change the Makefile to disable SSL support>
<generate the .deb without SSL support>
mv Makefile.with-ssl Makefile
#---

I think that would work fine, though it might not, because I haven't thought
it through at all.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@kaplowitz.org