Re: [users] Re: Where's lame

On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 02:05:29AM +0200, Eric Van Buggenhaut wrote:
> On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 09:53:44PM +0100, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> > On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 03:19:21PM -0400, MaD dUCK wrote:
> > > hi developers,
> > > this is my first message, i hope it's appropriate. there's talk going
> > > on on the users mailing list about lame and its absence from the
> > > package tree. i would like to adopt the lame mp3 encoder as a debian
> > > package and was wondering if there are any objections? is there
> > > already a maintainer? can this packet be debianized?
> >
> > It can be debianised, but it can't be included in debian, since it can't
> > be legally redistributed in binary form.
>
> What do you mean ?? There are lots of packages  included in debian in source
> form ...
Why don't you read the webpage??? Why does everything have to be exlained
again and again when somebody made the effort and explained it on a webpage?
wnpp ist the first page you should look at when you want to package
something. And its been there for ages, not really hard to find.

http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/unable-to-package

Christian
--
http://people.debian.org/~cts/