Re: Mistake in maintainer field

Hi Hamish.

Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 14, 2001 at 11:44:50PM +0200, Carlos Prados wrote:
> > My question is, can I just modify the maintainer field with "Carlos Prados
> > <cprados@yahoo.com>" or even "Carlos Prados <cprados@debian.org>" in the
> > next update of my packages? Or will this appear like an NMU?
>
> No, just go ahead and change it. An upload is considered an NMU
> if the name in the changelog entry does not match the Maintainer
> field in the control file. As long as you change both, it will be OK.

What is the reason for checking both name and email? Wouldn't email
be satisfactory since we may safely suppose that one person uses one
email address? My (sponsored) uploads look like NMU's because my name
was changed but email was the same.

Could you please shed any light on this?

Thanks,

--
Eray Ozkural (exa)
e-mail: erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr