Re: uploading to stable

On Sat, Apr 07, 2001 at 03:45:55PM -0300, Carlos Laviola wrote:
> Hi people,
>
> One of my packages (ibrazilian & brazilian-conjugate), as in stable currently,
> is buggy. The version in unstable gracefully fixes them, while it doesn't
> include any new features (it's a new upstream version, but there is nothing
> that would screw things up just because of the code changes). What I want to
> know is, how can I get the package in stable (proposed-updates, at least..),
> since I'm not supposed to release for both unstable & stable?

Do any of the bugs in the stable package pose a security risk? Is the
package uninstallable as it is in stable? Ask these questions before
you consider uploading to stable.

Simply uploading to stable usually has the package going to
proposed-updates. The release manager of the next point release will
consider inclusion of packages in proposed-updates in the next point
release (currently it will be 2.2r3). See
http://master.debian.org/~joey/2.2r3/ for a summary of requirements.

Gopal.
--
Gopal Narayanan <gopal@debian.org> <gopal@astro.umass.edu>