Re: directory in .deb

Hello,

Am Mittwoch, den 04. April 2001 13:19:09 schrieb Julian Gilbey:
> On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 11:50:25AM +0200, M G Berberich wrote:

> > I have a tool that needs a directory /var/log/ppplog. It is contained
> > in data.tar.gz, but tar does not set the required right on the
> > directory (right?). So I set the right in the postinst script.
>
> Why is it not correct?

Don't know. I wanted to make sure it really is.

> Did you build the package as root or under fakeroot, or as a normal
> user?  Have you read the various packaging guides found on
> http://www.debian.org/devel/?

fakeroot. And I have read various documentation.

> > The package also puts a executable in /etc/ppp/ip-down.d. Building the
> > binary leads to a complain about an executable in unusual place (or
> > so). Can I prevent this? Are there naming-conventions for script in
> > /etc/ppp/ip-down.d?
>
> What complains?  If it's lintian and what you're doing is correct,
> don't worry about it.

debstd says:

Warning: Unusual executable location etc/ppp/ip-down.d/accounting

	MfG
	bmg

--
"Des is völlig wurscht, was heut beschlos- | M G Berberich
 sen wird: I bin sowieso dagegn!"          | berberic@fmi.uni-passau.de