Re: ChangeLogs and a pure debian package.

sharkey@superk.physics.sunysb.edu writes:

> All pure Debian packages must included a debian directory.  Non-native
> packages may or may not include a debian directory in the upstream
> source file.  (Upstream source is upstream source.  If the upstream
> author provides an old/obsolete debian directory in the upstream tarball,
> you should not remove it.)  Non-native packages must contain a debian
> directory after the Debian diff has been applied to the upstream source
> tarball.

  This is not policy so I would not use "must".

  Native debian packages can contain a debian directory since such
  an application would not make sense on a non-debian system.

  Then, considering the non-native applications, it is cleaner to
  separate the application (uptream source) from its packaging.

  But again, this is only my opinion.

--
Jérôme Marant <jerome.marant@free.fr>

http://jerome.marant.free.fr