Re: NMU??

On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 10:00:26AM -0800, John H. Robinson, IV wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 10:00:46AM +0100, Peter van Rossum wrote:
> > [...] the one in the
> > changelog is for who actually changed the package. So someone doing
> > an NMU would not change the control file, but would create a new
> > changelog entry with his or her own name.
>
> and a porter (w/o changing the source) would use the -m flag to
> debuild/dpkg-buildpackage ?

Yes, according to section 8.2 of the Developer's Reference Manual.
I am not sure what the actual effect is. The dpkg-buildpackage manual
page says about the -m switch: "Use [maintaineraddress] as the name and
email address of the maintainer for this upload, rather than using the
information from the source tree's changelog.", so I suspect the
only effect is that the .changes file carries the porter's name.

Peter