Re: some good advice for using cvs-buildpackage

On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 08:57:44PM +0100, Mikael Hedin wrote:

> Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> writes:
>
> > from a fresh checkout (using cvs-buildpackage) once everything is ready.
> > This way, only changes that are checked into CVS end up in the .diff.gz.
>
> But with "cvs commit", the Makefile get checked in!  But I think you can "cvs
> delete Makefile", or make shure "make clean" takes the Makefile away, either
> way there is no Makefile when building the .diff.gz, and that's wat we want.

That's strange...in a package that uses autoconf, there should be no Makefile
shipped with the upstream sources, only Makefile.in.  Thus, only Makefile.in
should be imported into CVS in the first place.  Unless you explicitly "cvs
add" the Makefiles, they will not be touched by a "cvs commit".

--
 - mdz