debconf and lintian "unknown-control-file"

Hi,

I am making my first tries with debconf at the moment. As suggested by
the debconf tutorial, my package now includes a templates and a config
file that are installed into debian/tmp/DEBIAN by debian/rules. This
seem to work technically, but lintian (potato's version) complains
about the two "unknown control files". Did I do something wrong, or is
lintian at fault here, or did I miss something?

Greetings
Marc