Re: control file and {shlibs:Depends}

On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 12:32:54PM +0100, Tom Cato Amundsen wrote:
> Is it ok to configure a package differently on one arch?
> I want to build solfege with --disable-oss-sound on m68k until
> the binutils/glibc problems are fixed.
>
> If I use --disable-oss-sound (only on m68k), the package contains
> only python code, so ${shlibs:Depends} is an empty string. And then
> dpkg-deb will complain because the Depends: line ends with a comma (,).
>
> Is there a way out of this? I can of course bug the ftp admins
You could use a different control file for m68k, or apply a patch for it. We
used to do something similar for xfree for some time, since dpkg or
something else gave back wrong information, and we got this comma problem
when building the libc5 debs.

Check http://buildd.debian.org/andrea/m68k/source-dependencies-stable.gz
and look for *XFREE-LIBC5-PATCH
If you want something like this implemented for your package, you could
write the patch and send it to Roman, to add it to the source-depends for
the buildds. If Roman has to write _and_ implemente it, it might take a
little longer until its in.

Christian
--
http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/potato