Re: handling configfiles

hi,

On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 02:56:58AM -1000, Brian Russo wrote:
> You lost me I'm afraid, what exactly is it you're trying to do?

ok, from the beginning. i build a config file from the postinst
script. since i do this, i can't use conffile. therefore i have
to deal with certain installation situations myself, like
upgrading, installing. i don't exactly know which of the
ways a maintainer script can be called affect config files (yes,
i have an idea which ones I need, but want to be certain). that's
why i want a package which can be used as a guide for doing this
in my mpackages. clear now?

> .. You're trying to edit files that are created in the post-inst ?

yes and no, but i have to handle it by myself, like purging.

so long
Othmar