Re: keeping files from one version to the other.

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Julian Gilbey wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 26, 2001 at 10:43:03AM +0100, Ove Kaaven wrote:
> > > and the user would be insane to request it... perhaps you should install
> > > them to doc/crafty/examples, and use postinst to check if they should be
> > > upgraded?  if so, mv them to the proper location in /var.
> > >
> > > same thing is done for ppp's provider peer/chatscript files.
> >
> > But that's a policy violation (13.3)
>
> No it isn't.  They are being treated as "configuration files".

Nothing in doc/ can be tagged as configuration files, as far as I know.

> Please read that section again.

Did you? 13.3 isn't the config file policy, it's the /usr/share/doc
policy. I interpret the last paragraph as forbidding what he was saying,
provided a postinst script qualifies as "any program".