Re: Policy and conffile editing

The 'edited by you or by a script line' which currently gets served up to
users is apparently not quite in line with policy.  It would probably be
more appropriate to say somethine like 'The configuration file for this
package has been modified since the package was installed' or something
like that.

I have over time observed a number of cases where I have to say Yes
(install new version) for conf files I know I have never modified, either
directly of with a helper configuration script, but I didn't report them
as bugs because of the above message.

Britton Kerin