Re: debhelper and multiple README files

Manfred Wassmann wrote:
> > Well, um, partly so that if dh_installdocs does not do what you want,
> > you can work around it and still be assured of proper permissions once
> > you run dh_fixperms?
>
> But if it was done in the first place dh_fixperms was not required. In
> other words, it would be redundant but failsafe and you created debhelper
> to make life easier, dind't you? ;)

dh_fixperms ensures that _all_ files you have installed have appropriate
permissions. Including documentation files you installed by hand, for
example.

I have slowly been making debhelper commands set appropriate file
permissions w/o dh_fixperms, but it's a very low priority and I doubt I'll
do them all.

--
see shy jo