Bug Squashing, here: sponsor wanted for libgii, libggi

Hello, ya all!

I chose the above mentioned pkgs from the beginning, prepared a NMU of
the old packages, but now have new upstream packages ready.

My first try to contact the corresponding debian maintainer was mid Jan
2001. Feb 2nd i received:

> Are you alive?
Yes.  Alive, but busy.  I just started a new job a couple of weeks ago,
and haven't had much Debian time recently...

> I just wanna know, 'coz i had a sudden urge to do sth. and fixed all
> but 1 bug against libgii0.
> What am i gonna do with them patches now?
> If you're smply not interested in that ligii/ggi stuff anymore, i
> would ;-)
If you're interested in maintaining libggi, libgii and friends, I'm
happy to give them away.  They do need more attention than I've been
able to give them recently.  Treat them well ;)

That was the last, that i got. My last mail (partly):

If you still want to pass the continuation of these packages to me,
please drop me a note, like:
All sane, .. free will, .. publicly & who concerns, .. these packages
from Charles Briscoe Smith to the greedy hands of Ma ...

I would surely love, if you would want to sponsor the upload! *g*

My last mail, saying 'relax, time enough', seems to be outdated by the
announcement of freeze plans for woody.

I sure would like to become the official maintainer of the packages, i
use them every day, am willing to devote on their quality (upstream and
deb) and documentation and am willing to further promote their use. Ah,
forgot - to have them in woody naturally!

The last i did on them was to provide lintian/overrides, with the
remaining lintian warnings (postrm-calls-ldconfig) intendedly not
overwritten, as i think they behave according to policy as they should.

I personally, would have waited another two or three days, to receive
an answer, but i have to go travelling for three weeks from tomorow,
sunday, on and would like to have a clean slate before. As the former
maintainer expressed his current state and intention clearly, i don't
think he would feel bad, if we give those pkgs a push.

Btw.: My name is in the changelog, already. Is that enough to be the
maintainer in the future?

Now, if anybody would be willing, the signed source packages libgii
and libggi can be had with

deb-src http://home.t-online.de/home/eislink/debian unstable main

or downloaded from the web page at http://eislink.debox.de.

I'm _really_ sorry that my postings always tend to be somwhat longer.
I try as much to reduce, but am used to work in the background and come
up to the open with a solution then ... and then i have to explain ...
When you've become used to that, i promise to stop explaining this in
the future at least ;-)

Thanks for reading, greetings and a nice weekend to all of you,
 martin

I expect to be able to receive mail during the next three weeks anyhow.

--
Cross Building nano HOW-TO V 0.2
http://eisdoc.debox.de