Re: Caught in the act

On Friday 16 February 2001 00:15, Martin Albert wrote:
> Hello to all friendly people reading this ...
>
> I'm pkging new upstream of a quite basic lib (libgii).

And that was looong ago. Sorry, that i didn't say thanks to
Matt Zimmerman, Ingo Saitz, Brian Russo, Hamish Moffatt
earlier for your kind response.

I was busy with that stuff to the end - and learned a lot.
Now my decision based on your answers (and the impossibility to flush
dpkg's cache as a package being installed) was to

- package according to policy the small binaries to -dev,
- that means simply downgrading is not possible without removing first
- have a README.Debian saying so nicely :)

Anybody interested in a summary of this topic: mail me.

Thank You, greetings, martin