RE: /etc/ question

On 23-Feb-2001 Amaya wrote:
> I have recently adopted a package that places two conffiles in /etc/
> I think that it would be more appropiate to place them under /etc/my_package/
> I need some help regarding how to do it and if it should be done at all.
>
> Thanks a lot in advance.

it is difficult to move conffiles, why do you think they should be in
/etc/my_package?

Problem is, you can only declare a conffile if it is in your package. So you
new package has /etc/package/foo and it used to be /etc/foo.  What happens to
/etc/foo?  What happens to its configuration changes the admin made?