Re: quitting from install scripts

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 02:07:36PM -0500, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 20, 2001 at 10:29:18PM +1100, Drew Parsons wrote:
> > Sorry to nag.  Has anyone got an answer to this question?
>
> I asked a variation on the same question on -devel a few weeks ago, and got
> zero responses.  Aborting in the preinst is the only way to do anything even
> close, but it makes a bit of a mess.
If you want to quit a script, use exit. exit 0 means everything ok,
any other value means error.
normally the exit value of the script is the value of the last command
which was run, but to be sure to exit cleany you can add exit 0 at
the end of the script.
Nothing more should you do to 'Error unwind' something, the rest
is done by dpkg.

Bastian