Re: Porting of non-free packages

On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 10:00:51AM -0500, Peter S Galbraith wrote:
> Perhaps someone can run through a case where using bugs against
> ftp.debian.org can't solve the problem?

I think it would solve all problems, but the load on the archive
maintainers might get too high.  Imagine the situation where
someone gets inspired and compiles all non-free packages for
architecture foo, but then gets uninspired and wanders off to
more edifying pursuits.  ftp.debian.org might get flooded with
bugreports in the following weeks.

However, the keep it simple principle suggests that we should
deal with that when it happens, not before.

Richard Braakman