Build-Depends

Hi,

I have two question about Build-Depends:

(1) If I want to Build-Depend on packages A, B, C, D, E, and F.  And A
depends on B, C, D, E, and F.  Should I just mention A, because it
implies B to F or should I enumerate them all?

(2) If I try to compile a package via "dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot"
and some Build-Depends are not satisfied, should I see an error moessage
then?  Or is there some command to check the build dependencies?

Jochen
--
http://www.mathematik.uni-kl.de/~wwwstoch/voss/