Re: Caught in the act

On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 02:49:57PM +0100, Ingo Saitz wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 12:15:12AM +0100, Martin Albert wrote:
> > -- Would that be 'legal' anyway? Modifiying installed files of one pkg
> > by the scripts of another? (They're closely related however and chances
> > are good that after all this weird stuff, the next pkg to be removed
> > would be the manipulated -dev anyway).
>
> If both packages agree on a policy to do this, this should be no
> problem (see e.g. apache, emacs, perl,...). And if you are the
> maintainer of both packages you even don't need to write that
> policy down. Just make sure it works as expected.

It would be good to write it down somewhere, e.g. README.Debian, you
never know what might happen to people (unfortunately), no reason to
leave an undocumented mess behind.. Especially if your interactions
are quite complex.

--
    ** Brian T. Russo <brusso@phys.hawaii.edu> **
   wolfie <wolfie@debian.org> || <wolfie@lpsg.org>