help in interpreting the packaging manual

i need to put a "Conflicts: curl-ssl(<7.6-2)" in the control file of
my curl package since the curl-ssl packages newer then 7.6-2 know how
to handle the co-existence.

now reading the packaging manual i found this writing:

"A Conflicts entry should almost never have an `earlier than' version
 clause. This would prevent dpkg from upgrading or installing the package
 which declared such a conflict until the upgrade or removal of the
 conflicted-with package had been completed. This aspect of installation
 ordering is not handled by dselect, so that the use Conflicts in this
 way is likely to cause problems for `bulk run' upgrades and
 installations."

now i'm not really undestanding the point, is it telling me i'm going
to have problems during upgrade? what does it mean "bulk run"?

please help me interpreting it correctly.

thanks

-----[ Domenico Andreoli, aka cavok
 --[ http://filibusta.crema.unimi.it/~cavok/gpgkey.asc
   ---[ 3A0F 2F80 F79C 678A 8936  4FEE 0677 9033 A20E BC50