Re: "Testing" hassles

Christopher C. Chimelis:

> If it were something like GNAT, where we cannot build it on Alpha at
> all without pre-existing binaries (which don't exist for
> alpha-linux), then I would say omit Alpha.

Well, also there is the endian problem. I don't know how 1.4 debs ended
up on these machines, because I have a check in configure that
disallows compiles on big-endian machines (since the datastructures are
defined as little-endian, and I haven't had any energy to make the code
portable).

I'm just a bit annoyed at testing reverting to potato, which caught me
in the middle of an update that wouldn't build. I'd be very happy to
move all the 1.4 debs into testing, but I guess that that is
impossible.

--
\\//
peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/

  Statement concerning unsolicited e-mail according to Swedish law:
  http://www.softwolves.pp.se/peter/reklampost.html