Re: dh_suidregister -> ?

On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 01:22:54AM -1000, Brian Russo wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 05:07:32AM -0600, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I am using dh_suidregister in my packages, one of those actually has to
> > register files as sgid games. How do I do that now with dpkg-stateoverride?
> > Is it enough to just set the permissions in debian/rules (as before) and
> > just omit the dh_suidregister call? Or do I have to do something with
> > dpkg-stateoverride? The package seems to be fine with just setting the
> > permissions.
>
> Just make it sgid games in the package.
> Make sure you do it after dh_fixperms.

Is it possible to ask for a summary of the change in procedure?  If it is OK
to setgid in the package, then why was dh_suidregister being used in the first
place?

Drew

--
PGP public key available at http://dparsons.webjump.com/drewskey.txt
Fingerprint: A110 EAE1 D7D2 8076 5FE0  EC0A B6CE 7041 6412 4E4A