Depending on 2.4

I'm currently packaging the DECnet progs and they are dependant on a 2.4 kernel,
is there any recommended way to enforce this or should I just put a check in the
startup script and a note in the description?

Another thing it does is to change the MAC address of any/all ethernet cards in
the system (requiring a reboot). I've put a bit fat warning (debconf: critical)
in the package, should this be enough or should I have a flare go up from the
back of the machine too ;-)

patrick