dh_suidregisted and potato/sid packages

Hi,

in sid packages, dh_suidregister is not allowed to be used any more.
However, I need my own packages mainly under potato, so I am quite
interested that they build under potato as well. Are there any
standard procedures for this, or am I left with some nasty if
constructs in my rules files?

Greetings
Marc