chroot and FHS

I like to build my mysql package with chroot support and therfore jail it
somewhere under /var/lib/mysql and link the log files to /var/log.

I either statically link it so that it can be run from /usr/sbin and then
live in /var/lib because I don't want to have binaries in /var  or
hardlink the libs from /usr/lib and /lib to /var/lib/mysql?
Without trying it out I would say that the latter way is preferred, isn't it?

bye,

    -christian-

--
 	codito ergo sum - I code, therefore I am!