Re: testing vs. unstable

On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 08:37:02AM +0100, peter karlsson <peter@softwolves.pp.se> spake forth:
> Well, what I'm curious about is why only 1.2 is in testing, 1.4 was in
> woody since a couple of months before testing was introduced.

For the rollout of testing, all packages were reverted to their potato
versions, IIRC.

> Does this stuff require that the package is available on all architectures,
> BTW? Turqstat only compiles on little-endian machines, is that why it is
> held up?

AFAIK, yes, a binary package missing on a certain arch will keep the whole
thing out of testing. I'm not sure how this works with packages that aren't
intended for all architectures, but I suspect that if you specify the arches
for which it will build in the package's control file, it won't be a
problem.

I could be wrong though :).

--
Mike Markley <mike@markley.org>
GPG: 0x3B047084 7FC7 0DC0 EF31 DF83 7313  FE2B 77A8 F36A 3B04 7084

It [being a Vulcan] means to adopt a philosophy, a way of life which is
logical and beneficial.  We cannot disregard that philosophy merely for
personal gain, no matter how important that gain might be.
- Spock, "Journey to Babel", stardate 3842.4