Re: different sizes for same upstream tarball

     > Adrian Bunk <bunk@fs.tum.de> writes:
    >> apt-get source byacc and you have the old .tar.gz. (Or is there
    >> a good reason for a newly compressed tarball?)

     > The reason I wanted to try a recompressed tarball was that I
     > use cvs-buildpackage to make builds easier; if I have to futz
     > about copying the old .tar.gz into place it could be a little
     > inconvenient, but it's much better than not being able to
     > upload it at all.

The orig.tar.gz file should be pristine (does someone have the pointer
to the policiy about this?). Basically NEVER rebuild it.

It should be the original file downloaded from the upstream author
without any changes so that the md5sum compares to any md5sum the
author made public.

MfG
        Goswin