different sizes for same upstream tarball

Hi,

The byacc upstream tarball on ftp.debian.org 52916 bytes long, but on
my development system, it compresses to 52930 bytes.  (There hasn't
been an upload of this package in about a year, shame on me.)  I need
to do an upload to fix several bugs, there have been no upstream
changes (I think it's effectively abandoned), but my uploads are
rejected because of the different file sizes.

I've tried forcing a source upload, but dinstall complains that it
can't remove the existing upstream source archive.

Should I file a bug against ftp.debian.org, or alter the filesize and
md5sum in the .changes and .dsc, resign and upload that?  Is there
anything else I could do?

jason
--
``Banks *are* bastards.'' -- John Laws