Grouping dependencies

Hi, (and happy new year :-))

I'm packaging a program that has some kind of dependencies:

Package: A
Depends: B | C, D | E

I'd like to make sure that:
 - once B installed, D was also installed
 - or once C installed, E was also installed.

Unfortunatelly IIRC, dpkg does not allow me to do things like :
Depends: (B, D) | (C, E)

So, my question is: what are the best solutions in order to resolve this
problem? 2 of them come to my mind:
- The first one would be to create 2 separate packages A-bd and A-ce
- or to check whether packages where installed within maintainer scripts
  (preinst or postinst) and make them fails if nothing matches.

Any other idea ?

Thanks.

--
Jérôme Marant <jerome.marant@free.fr>