Re: request for advice for new package FAI

Thomas Lange wrote:

> Before doing the upload, I like to spilt this package into two
> packages, because there's one part containing the scripts, and the
> other (very big) part consists of two special kernels. Do I have to
> make two source packages for that, or can I create two single binary
> packages with different version numbers from one source ? The part
> containing the kernels will not change very frequently, so I like to
> keep the version numbers different from the package containing the
> scripts.

You can use a single source for building multiple packages. debhelper
has examples and many packages do that so you can check them. You
could simply use the dh_make or you could look at the templates directly.

> What about the section and priority for FAI. Are they set correctly ?
> I've choosen:
>
> Section: admin

Looks nice.

BTW, I'd like to recommend you to change the location of "template"
files from "/usr/local/share/fai" to another location. I think that should
be either "/usr/share/fai" or "/etc/fai". Since those are system
configuration files rather than ro arch independent data, I think
"/etc/fai" would be the correct location. The binary package files should
go somewhere else then surely (probably /usr/share/fai)

Congratulations on this great software again!!

Thanks,

--
Eray (exa) Ozkural
e-mail: erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr