Re: Some packaging questions

* Roberto Suarez Soto <ask4it@bigfoot.com> wrote:

Hi,

> Also, should I ask the user at install time if he/she wants to have
> this script installed?

In contrast to Josip, I say install it unconditionally.

You get very little gain for making your package install interatively,
so it is not worth it.

Also, we make your life difficult, if you change something (maybe
fundamental) in the script. You would have to reinvent the dpkg
conffile handling.

Dialup Users with special needs can change the script (insert exit 0,
chmod -x it or such), so I don't see a problem.

Ciao,
        Martin