Re: OT: Re: Sponsor's responsibilities

On Sun, Sep 17, 2000 at 11:04:52PM -0700, Steve Bowman wrote:

> Taking these items together, how about making up a really ew word that is
> really Debianspeak?  You could have debee and deber :-)  OTOH, the best
> _word_ I've seen so far (that is, one that can be found in an (English)
> dictionary) is protege.  Sponsee isn't bad.  Or you could have mentor
> and mented :) (say it a few times, mented, mented, mented, demented).
> Any foreign words (to us English speakers) that capture this concept?

    Oooh, I like this.  The mentor advises the mented, checking over
and uploading packages for him until he is accepted into the project
and can do so on his own.  At that point, he is no longer mented; he
is demented, just like the rest of us :)

--
Zed Pobre <zed@debian.org> a.k.a. Zed Pobre <zed@resonant.org>
PGP key and fingerprint available on finger; encrypted mail welcomed.