RE: Spurious lintian errors

On 11-Sep-2000 Franklin Belew wrote:

> E: mozilla: no-shlibs-control-file usr/lib/mozilla/components/liblocalmail.so
>
> I have 86 errors like that, how do I kill them?
> (those are not shared libs, and will *never* be linked by ld)
>
> Frank aka Myth

you mail for a override.  Or you can make your own and place it in
/usr/share/doc/<package>.  Look in the lintian package for info on what this
file looks like.

My hope is to make lintian smarted about this so that we don't have to go
through hoops like this.

Suggestions on how to decide that an item is a library or a module would be
nice.