Re: packages up for adoption -- good for new maintainers

Following up, since I've had a lot of requests and am starting to get
duplicate requests:

> abuse and abuse-lib
>
>   The side scrolling action game from crack dot com. It has one bug,
>   which a competant X programmer could probably fix easily. If you take
>   these you should at least consider taking abuse-sfx, which currently
>   has no maintainer and is non-free. Note that abuse is orphaned
>   upstream, and I can't find anyone working on it.

Still open to adoption.

> atari800

Dale Scheetz

> blast

Neil Hunt

> floatbg
>
>   Another cute X hack. No upstream maintainer that I can find. It has
>   one bug, which I have a patch for in the BTS, but the patch probably needs
>   some  work before it is applied. Any even barely-competant X programmer
>   can handle this package easily. Heck, even I can almost manage it!

Still open to adoption.

> luxman

Neil Hunt

> mctools-lite
>
>   A really nice mixer and a so-so cd player. It has 4 open bugs. The
>   maintainer is not very responsive, though he does still seem to be
>   around.

Still open to adoption.

> megahal

Eric Schwartz or David Welton.

> mirrormagic

Drew Parsons

> nwrite
>
>   A nicer replacement for write. No bug reports.

Still open to adoption.

> pente

Neil Hunt

> rxp
>
>   A validating xml parser. This does include a library package, so it's
>   not for absolute newbiews. No bug reports.

Still open to adoption.

> space-orbit

Eric Schwartz

> thrust
>
>   Clone of a classic C64 game. No bugs, responsive author, although
>   development has been stalled for several years.

Still open to adoption.

> toshutils

Drew Parsons

> unclutter

Bradley Marshall

> wmnetselect
>
>   No bugs reports. Trivial little program to launch netscape with some
>   handy features.

Still open to adoption.

> wordplay
>
>   Anagram generator. No bugs, no updates since 1996 or so.

I'm keeping this for now, it may end up being removed from Debian.

> xbl
>
>   Rather neat 3d tetris game. No bugs.

Still open to adoption.

> xboing

Alexander Kotelnikov

> xfishtank

Eric Schwartz

> xflip
>
>   A little X toy. No bugs.
>
> xmountains
>
>   Generates snow-capped mountain ranges as wallpaper. No bugs.
>
> xonix-jahu
>
>   Odd little X game. Upstream author seems to have moved on to
>   other things. There is one bug.
>
> xtet42
>
>    Multi-player tetris. No bugs.
>
> xzoom
>
>    Magnifies a region of the X display. No bugs.

All still open for adoption.

Thanks everyone who has taken something so far. Please note that there
are RFA bugs aginst wnpp in the BTS for all these packages, and those
bugs should be closed when you take one of these packages over..

--
see shy jo