Packaging drivers

Hi!

As I already posted, I'm packaging GQL (http://GQL.sourceforge.net)
and now have encountered minor problems/questions regarding the driver
packages.

The drivers reside in
/usr/lib/gql/drivers/libgql<soname>-<driverid>.so, wich in fact are,
due to the Linux library versioning system, smylinks to
libgql<soname>-<driverid>.so.<package-version>. The symlinking is in
this case unecessary, since the drivers are dynamically loaded from
within a library, wich has <soname> compiled in and always tries to
open libgql<soname>-<driverid>.so.

The problems in this whole setup are:

1) The drivers package isn't a -dev package so I get lintian warnings
complaining about library symlinks in a non -dev package.

2) The symlinks weren't necessary (and aren't beautiful anyway) if I
managed to install the "real driver .so" libgql<soname>-<driverid>.so
(and not just have it beeing a symlink pointing to the real .so)

I now wonder what the best way to manage 2)?

I thought about a install-hook (I'm using automake & libtool) which
moves and removes the files after they are installed. Is this a/the
solution or is there a better/cleaner way to do that?

Thx,
        Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann   | Dru@ICQ     | 54523380@ICQ | a.rottmann@gmx.at
Pfeilgasse 4-6/725 | A-1080 Wien | Austria      | Europe