Re: becoming a maintainer q. + ITP: biew

On Tue, May 09, 2000 at 12:15:19PM +0200, Stefan Alfredsson wrote:
> Should I first of all apply to new-maintainer, or is it better to
> first get a sponsor for my package?

I think you will get an application manager assigned to you, and that person
will kind of be a sponsor... do check with new-maintainer people before.

> E: biew: old-fsf-address-in-copyright-file
>
> Since debian/copyright is derived from the original copyright file,
>  should the first error be fixed with the upstream?

Presuming this is GPL or such, you can change the text saying where the
user can get the license. Actually, it's preferred that you change it not
to point to the COPYING file, but to /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL file,
which exists on all Debian systems.