Re: ITP: sndconfig (and sponsor wanted)

Thus spake Jordi Mallach (jordi@sindominio.net):

> > > Do you need to have modules for all sound devices for this to work?
> >
> > No, the sound card definitions are hardcoded in the main file.
>
> Ok, you get your Soundblaster detected but you have no compiled module in
> your kernel. What next?

Sorry, I misunderstood the question (didn't realize that you were
talking about _kernel_ modules ;) ). Yes, you will need the sound module
for your sound card. I haven't tried yet what will happen if you don't
have it available.

Is there a way to make a dependency on kernel-modules?

--
cu,
dex.

``As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not
certain, and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.''
                                                         Albert Einstein