Complicated Packaging..

Hello!

I've been trying to provide complete Debian packages for the 0.9pre2
release of the Jabber server (jabber.org) but have been stuck on one of the
packages (etherx) because it is kind of a complicated package.

Not only does etherx install libraries in $prefix/lib, but it also has two
binaries in $prefix/bin and one config file. One of the binaries is a
daemon. This is just seems too difficult for me.. all the packages I've
done so far are simple libraries or single binaries. I think the .deb's
from etherx should be similar to gimp so it would be like libetherx0,
libetherx-dev, and just plain etherx (for the daemon and config file). But
gimp's rules file is complicated! Might anyone be able to help me through
this?

Thanks!!

--
Eliot Landrum