prerm failed for scanlogd?

Dear Friends,

some time ago, I packed scanlogd. Some days ago, it has been uploaded by my
sponsor :-) Now, here's my first error:
---------------------------------8<-------------------------------------------
top:/home/egon/debian/scanlogd# dpkg -r scanlogd
(Reading database ... 48551 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing scanlogd ...
Stopping scanlogd: dpkg: error processing scanlogd (--remove):
 subprocess pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
Starting scanlogd: scanlogd.
 scanlogd

This is a bit strange, since I do not have a prerm script (nor a postinst or
a postrm). I know debhelper adds some scripts itself, but they should not fail?

best regards
 Michael

--
GPG Fingerprint = EA71 B296 4597 4D8B 343E  821E 9624 83E1 5662 C734