Re: setgid in /var/cache

Paul Serice:

> I have a package that needs files under /var/cache to be setgid.  The
> files are for Crafty to allow it to "learn" chess as it plays.  Part
> of the installation is that I install all that Crafty has learned from
> all of its user's across the internet.  Then as Crafty plays locally,
> it makes additions to these files under /var/cache.

When I Debianized jwhois (which a friend of mine, who is a registered
developer, uploaded), I added all the setgid stuff in the postinst, to let
the binaries be "clean". It also adds the groups dynamically, so that the
binaries/directories won't get the wrong group id by accident.

--
\\//
peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/