Re: pks_0.9.4 - my first package

On Sun, Feb 13, 2000 at 10:09:06AM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 13, 2000 at 04:18:13PM +0100, Richard Zoni wrote:
> > I've some questions:
> >
> > -The pks daemon currently uses libdb2.7 that is not currently
> > in potato, so I've statically linked it (like in the original
> > distribution was). Is it correct?
> >
> > -The section first I choose was 'non-US/main'... but I think that
> >  'net' section can be ok.

> Does pks contain any crytography itself, or link to any cryptographic
> libraries? If not, you will be able to put it into the main archive under
> net.
I will eximine the sources and then, if all is ok,  I'll put it under net
The License is BSD like.

> Also, you wont be able to have it installed until you do something
> about the db2 library. Linking it statically means it will run on a Debian
> system, but it cannot be compiled using only Debian packages (unless the
> source package for pks includes the source for db2).
yes the original tarball includes db2.7

> Which reminds me, I could really use a db2.7 package in woody anyway,
if is present in woody, I think that adding a Depends: libdb2.7
is better than a static linkage.

> since openldap really needs it. Does pks have any links to LDAP services
> from it's functionality, ie. can it use an LDAP server is the db and
> retrieve keys from it?
currently there is no link to LDAP services.
(is the ldap server also used for pgp keys?)
Is someone thinking to merge, the two servers ?

	ciao,
	zoin.

--
Richard Zoni           !e-mail          zoni@CS.UniBO.IT