dh_movefiles fails

Hi,

 I'm currently trying to debianize a small server/library/client tool
suite I'm developing for the ACPI4Linux project. I followed the steps in
the Debian New Maintainer's Guide (from the DDP), but ran into a problem
with dh_movefiles that I didn't find documented somewhere. The package is
a multi-binary package, with the main package being "acpitools".

There are two cases:

1. debian/acpitools.files is empty or doesn't exist. dh_movefiles fails
 with:

 /usr/bin/dh_movefiles: eval: line 2: syntax error: unexpected end of file

2. debian/acpitools.files contains the files that should go into the
 acpitools package. Then the error is:

 dh_movefiles: I was asked to move files from debian/tmp to debian/tmp.

 I can't find anything about whether or not I should create a file list
for the main package in the docs, and I assume it's pretty indifferent.
With deb-make instead of dh_make it worked but tarred the empty
directories that were left when the files for the other packages had been
moved out into the main package.

 I have put up the tarball as
http://phobos.fs.tum.de/~geier/acpitools-0.0.20000202.tar.gz , in case you
want to take a look at it. The programs inside don't do much yet, as I've
not yet come around to place the more useful daemons in CVS.

TIA
   Simon

PGP public key available from ftp://phobos.fs.tum.de/pub/pgp/geier.asc
 Fingerprint: 10 62 F6 F5 C0 5D 9E D8  47 05 1B 8A 22 E5 4E C1