building an i686 repository

Hi,

Apologies in advance if this is the wrong list.

We are building a repository of deb packages optimised for i686 (Celeron etc) as we found significant performance gains were achieved when we did this with that "other" kind of package, before we saw the light and switched to Debian.

To do this, there is a partial source mirror on my hard disk, along with a /debian/dists tree. Pentium-builder is installed and configured for "-march=i686". So far, so good, and we are able to recompile most packages with no trouble.

The problem arises when we try to "apt-move movefile" the new deb packages into the local repository. Many of them are moved in ok, and thus are accessible to dselect etc, but for some mysterious reason, a significant portion of these new packages are being skipped by apt-move. They still install fine using "dpkg -i" with no dependency problems or other errors being reported, but they just won't go into the repository.

So what are we doing wrong?

Cheers,
Andrew