Re: Problem building a package

On Tue, 19 Dec 2000, [iso-8859-1] Raphaël HALIMI wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 03:01:09PM +0100, Raphaël HALIMI wrote:
>
> > the program compiles and installs (in the tmp dir) good, the content of
> > debian/tmp/bin and debian/tmp/lib ain't copied i the .deb. The
>
> Sorry, I meant debian/tmp/usr/bin and debian/tmp/usr/lib.

So you did use dh_make to create the initial content of debian/ ?

What kind of system do you run stable or unstable?

When you are running unstable, the problem might be that DH_COMPAT is set
to 2 in the debian/rules file. Therefore you would have to install all
the binary stuff not in tmp but in into debian/<packagename> where
packagename is the name of the package you are building (without version
numbers and leave the <> away). Then everything should build pretty fine.

I hope that did help you. Otherwise a more specific description
of your build environment would be needed to help you further.
(what debhelper version do you have installed, do you run stable/unstable,
etc.)

--
kind regards,
Michael Moerz